Access to Information Act
IT Event Management
SECTION 51 MANUAL
PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT
B. Particulars in terms of section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information
- Contact details
- The section 10 Guide on how to use the Act
- Records available in terms of any other 2legislation
- Access to the records held by the private body in question
- Information readily available, if applicable
- Records that may be requested
- The request procedures
- Other information as may be prescribed
- Availability of the manual
IT Event Management Provides technoloy solutions to the Conference Industry.
B. PARTICULARS IN TERMS OF THE SECTION 51 MANUAL
1. Contact details
Head of the body:
PO Box 2832
Fancourt Office Park
Cnr Felstead & Northumberland
Telephone number: 011 704 9280
Fax number: 011 704 0138
Email address: email@example.com
2. The section 10 Guide on how to use the Act
The Guide will, according to the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC),
be available for inspection at the offices of the SAHRC. Please direct any queries
The South African Human Rights Commission:
The Research and Documentation Department
Postal address: Private Bag 2700
Telephone: +27 11 484-8300
Fax: +27 11 484-7146
3. Records available in terms of any other legislation
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act No 75 of 1997
- Closed Corporations Act No 69 of 1984
- Employment Equity Act No 55 of 1998
- Labour Relations Act No 66 of 1995
- Regional Services Council Act No 109 of 1985
- Skills Development Levies Act No 9 of 1999
- Skills Development Act No 97 of 1998
- Unemployment Contributions Act No 4 of 2002
- Unemployment Insurance Act No 63 of 2001
- Value Added Tax Act No 89 of 1991
4. Access to the records held by IT Event Management
i. Information readily available
ii. Records that may be requested:
- Closed Corporations - Annual Financial Statements
- Closed Corporations - Founding Statement as well as any amendments thereto
- Human resources - Employment Contracts
- Human resources - Full Employee records
- Human resources - Employee remuneration, attendance, arbitration awards
- Human resources - Code of Conduct
- Operations - Restraint Agreements
- Other - Fixed property, title deeds, mortgages, leases etc
- Other - Information Technology - Audits, Disaster recovery, Hardware, Software,
iii. The request procedures:
Form of request:
- The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request for access to a record.
This must be made to the head of the private body. This request must be made to
the address, fax number or electronic mail address of the body concerned.
- The requester must provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the head
of the private body to identify the record and the requester. The requester should
also indicate which form of access is required. The requester should also indicate
if any other manner is to be used to inform the requester and state the necessary
particulars to be so informed.
- The requester must identify the right that is sought to be exercised or to be protected
and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise
or protection of that right.
- If a request is made on behalf of another person, the requester must then submit
proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction
of the head of the private body.
A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that
requester is not required to pay the request fee. Every other requester, who is
not a personal requester, must pay the required request fee:
- The head of the private body must notify the requester (other than a personal requester)
by notice, requiring the requester to pay the prescribed fee (if any) before further
processing the request.
- The fee that the requester must pay to a private body is R50. The requester may
lodge an application to the court against the tender or payment of the request fee.
- After the head of the private body has made a decision on the request, the requester
must be notified in the required form.
- If the request is granted then a further access fee must be paid for the search,
reproduction, preparation and for any time that has exceeded the prescribed hours
to search and prepare the record for disclosure.
5. Other information as may be prescribed
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has not made any regulations in this regard.
6. Availability of the manual
The manual is also available for inspection during office hours at the offices of Ettiene Ferreira free of charge. Copies are available from the SAHRC and on our website www.it-em.co.za.